Breadless (Potato) Stuffing for Chicken
Very delicious, you won't even care that there's no bread. With this recipe, we feel as though we're really eating actual bread stuffing.
- About 1 tb coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lbs of diced potatoes -- very small cubes, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Purple onion chopped finely, chopped garlic (about 4 or 5 cloves), chopped leeks, chopped green onions, a small carrot chopped into tiny cubes, some chopped hot red pepper, some dried celery leaves, dried parsley.
- Heat oil. Add everything and cook until potatoes are fully cooked. Stuff into the bird as you would bread stuffing. When chicken is fully cooked, spoon the stuffing out and add all of the juices from the pan to the stuffing--if you're not making any gravy.
- Any leftover stuffing that is unable to fit into the bird, I place at the foot of the stuffed chicken and bake all together. Or, if you only have chicken pieces, spread all of the stuffing in a casserole dish and lay the chicken pieces on top. Brush oil on each piece for crispy skin and sprinkle on seasonings. Bake.