Pan Roasted Curried Pumpkin Seeds
They also make a good salad topping.
- 1 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- Avocado oil
- Curry powder or your favorite spice blend
- Sal en grano to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Another option is to throw some chopped fresh basil leaves in, then roast. The basil leaves will turn crispy.
- Mix the hulled pumpkin seeds with some avocado oil to coat them well. Mix in about 1 teaspoon of curry powder or whatever seasoning you may like. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If the Jamaican style curry powder by Badia can still be found here, that taste the best in my opinion.
- Put them into a pan on medium to high heat. Cover with a screen, as they will pop. Shake the pan periodically to keep the roasting even. Cook until the seeds have mostly stopped popping. It takes about 5 minutes or less in a thin aluminum pan. Some seeds may turn out darker than others, they're still good! Just be careful not to burn.