Mayonnaise Recipe with Yogurt
Our friend Elena in Cuenca gave me this one. Although, her recipe was very approximate -- not exact. Have some fun with it as it can be a pleasant tasting mayo.
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- dry mustard, about 1 teaspoon
- some red onion, about 1 tablespoon of chopped
- black pepper to taste
- lemon juice, about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- plain yogurt, about 1/2 cup
- --Blend ingredientes all together in a blender except the oil. Then add the oil in a slow steady stream until the well in the center disappears.
- Update: Using the flat blade: I now make my mayo in a Magic Bullet Blender. Blending 1 egg, some salt, dry mustard, black pepper, lemon juice and whatever else, in the Bullet. Then adding 1/4 cup oil, pulsing 3 times for 10 seconds. Then adding another 1/4 cup oil, pulsing again. Then another 1/4 cup oil, pulsing again.Then I blend in a 1/4 cup plain yogurt.