Creamy Noodles with Asparagus and Bacon
I decided to write down what I did, just in case this dish came out well. It came out just right, so I'm glad that I took the time to jot it all!
- Olive oil - about 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 1 lb asparagus (woody ends removed) cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ bulb garlic, minced
- 2 aji peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 g sliced white mushrooms
- Cooked bacon, chopped (about 5 strips)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 handfuls of grated Parmesan cheese
- Bowtie noodles (400 g) cooked.
- Cook the asparagus, the chopped aji, and tomatoes partway in the oil.
- Add the crushed garlic, salt, pepper. Stir and cook a bit more.
- Add mushrooms and cook till asparagus and mushrooms are tender.
- Mix in the chopped cooked bacon.
- Mix in 2 cups heavy cream,
- Make a little roux with cream and flour, then add to thicken.
- Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Taste and adjust salt or pepper
- Add about 2 handfuls of Parmesan cheese, stir - or just sprinkle on top once served.
- Mix in the cooked noodles.