Polenta Sausage Casserole
I've had this corn polenta stuff sitting in my pantry forever! I just never had an interest in doing anything with it until it was brought up in a Cotacachi newsletter. Now I'm hooked--especially prepared this way, paired with pork Italian sausage! So quick and easy. Next time I'll have to double this because my husband wanted more more more!
- 1 cup polenta (Supermaxi)
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar - about 3/4 cup
- Shredded parmesan - about 1/3 cup
- About 1 lb spicy Italian sausage chopped (from L&S Artisan Meats in Cotacachi)
- Chopped onion
- Chopped pepper
- Chopped garlic
- Shredded cheddar
- Cook the onion, and peppers in a little oil until halfway tender, add sausage meat and garlic. Cook until meat is done. Set aside.
- Heat milk and cook your polenta as usual with seasonings, stirring constantly until creamy. Stir in the cheeses until melted.
- Spread meat mixture in bottom of a casserole pan. Spread cheddar on top. Spread the creamy polenta on top of the cheese and bake for about 20 minutes in a 350 - 400 degree oven.