Yucca Tortillas -- With Flax & Sesame Seeds
I adapted this recipe from a Paleo recipe that I found on the web. Instead of using tapioca flour, which, at this time, I cannot find here. I use yucca starch and only whole eggs, no egg whites, added flax seeds, and took out the baking powder. For me, this version is a keeper. (These tortillas also come out well using white flour instead of yucca starch). The picture is with using yucca. -- If desired, mix this recipe up by using half flax seeds and half chia seeds to replace the sesame seeds.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon sal en grano (salt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup of yucca starch
- 1/2 cup water
- Grind the sesame seeds and flax seeds in a blender.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and thoroughly blend.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium to high heat and brush on the olive oil..
- Pour out a circle onto your pan. Spread out the batter with a spatula, especially if using chia and flax--batter will be thicker--and make the tortillas as thin as you'd like. Using a brush works very well too. Cook until easy to flip. Brown the other side. Repeat with the rest.