Banana Pancakes (Paleo Friendly)
Since we have readily available plantain flour, why not use that instead of white.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup plátano flour (plantain flour)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut milk--unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon banana essence--if desired (I found this at Mi Tio in Ibarra)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of cinnamon, if desired
- Mash the bananas in a food processor or by hand for small bits of banana, blend in the egg, flour, coconut milk, the essence and the nutmeg. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the walnuts. Brush oil onto a griddle pan. Heat. Measure out 1/4 cup for your pan. When underside is cooked--holes will appear on top all over--carefully flip and cook till golden.